Friday, August 28, 2009

RIP DJ AM! Join me in re-experiencing his work

For those who may have not heard. Our community has lost DJ AM today. He had the skills and heart to rock the dance floor and in turn made the world a little brighter. Dance is very shamanic by nature and I have always have felt the healing power of the all night dance ritual. A good DJ is shares powers similar to a shaman. I think many people fail to realize the significance of this but any rate Im getting off topic. DJ AM was profoundly creative and novel in his music. Mixing live druming into his sets. Going from Jonny Cash to NWA with out letting the dancefloor slow one bit. He left us too soon and so many entertainers and even personal friends seem to be leaving our default reality I can only hope that they are finding a better place. But for AM I fear that may just be wishful thinking. His final twitter entry was, “New York, New York. Big city of dreams, but everything in New York aint always what it seems." -by Grandmaster Flash. Then he is gone? Sad & strange. Well, lets listen to these mixes and resonate with his vibe and say good bye. This is the best thing I could think of to do. Sorry I'm not more creative.

FREE Mp3 Downloads are below:

FIXYOURFACE1

FIXYOURFACE2-2
RIP ADAM!

No comments: